Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sydney trip - day 3

Got ready by 9:00 AM and booked a taxi to strathfield station from hotel. Bought tickets and went to city. We went straight to darling harbor. As per plan we booked a water taxi. Pavani and Nireep got excited to sit in the taxi. It started slowly and we got to see the spectacular city view, Opera house, Harbor bridge, Lunar park, cruises, pirate ship, Governors house, rocks one of the richest suburbs of Sydney, Fort Denison, Goat island, breach front, Navy fleet… one after other very close and good look. We got down at circular quay and had coffee. Laxmi garu and Srilu joined us to take ferry to Manly.

Tickets bought for Manly and hopped in to ferry. White sands meet the crystal blue waters at Manly Beach, where it is said to be one of the best areas for surf in all of Sydney.

I did not go out much as I was feeling head ache but Pavani and kids went out and took photos and had heaps fun it seems. I saw all these places I just came for Pavani and glad to see she is having great time. We got down from ferry and there we saw bubble swim guy. Kids started bugging us so we said yes and started looking at them. We had great laughs to see them unable to stand in the water. I am sure $10 is worth spending on this sport. We took some photos and started walking towards beach.

I showed Pavani where mns used to live I Manly and how we spent time with mum and dad in Manly how leisurely I used to take a stroll along the Esplanade during mum and dad’s visit in 2009. We went straight to beach. Even though weather was gloomy many people are in beach. I recollected the memories of dad and his Irish coffee. Kids said they are hungry so we went to HJ to get Veggie burgers. Birds gave us company throughout our late lunch. On our way back to Manly ferry stop, we saw paragliding and thought I must do it atleast once in life time – next time for sure. We came back to city in ferry again. This time I went out and saw the views of Harbor Bridge and Opera house one more time. Took some photos and enjoyed the sun rays falling on the water.

We reached circular quay and met Rama Venkar to collect friends watch. From there went to Strathfield with Laxmi garu. Mns came and picked us for dinner.
For dinner we met Mahi, Vijay and Srikanth at Hyderabad house. We had bajji and nice Indian dinner. I asked mns if we could go to Darling Harbour so that we can see the night lights. As always he said yes. After dinner we went to DH. Jeez.. what a view it is an artificial view but different kind of experience. I wanted to show this to Pavani and Vedanth. When I sat on the steps with Mns I remembered my earlier days in Sydney (1998). We used to come and sit there and chat for hrs. After 15 mins it started raining heavily. For few min I waited in rain to see the harbor water. We started walking back to car and Mahi asked us to come to Citrus so we all went there. We had nice mango smoothie and talked and talked and talked for 3 hrs. At 1:00 AM we went back to hotel room.

No comments: