Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sydney trip 25/01/2012


Quite excited about the trip to Sydney as this was the first time my lovely sister Pavani visiting Sydney and she waited all these years for us to join her. After landing in Sydney our dear friend Mahi picked us from airport. We asked him to drop us at Darling Harbour as we don’t want to waste even a single day of our trip. The min we stepped out from car it started raining haaa what a lousy weather but I liked it because I can sit in front of Harbour and eat hot pizza. We took kids to a pizza shop right in front of Harbour and ordered veggie pizzas for lunch. Looking at the harbor in rain and eating hot pizza mmmm it’s a different feeling. My sister was upset but I really enjoyed every min of my stay there.



I thought Aquarium is the best place to go in this weather so we went to aquarium. Sydney aquarium is one of the biggest acq in the world. I went there 3 times and I like the sting rays and sharks passing over the glass roof. dugongs (Australian manatee), angel shark, grey nurse shark, leopard shark, black tipped reef shark, starfish, crayfish, Nemo, a few more lego creatures… we saw them all!! Nireep was quite fascinated with the sea creatures.

Myself and Vedu went to wild life hub in darling harbor. We did not go inside as we don’t have enough time. One of the staff is holding a blue tongue lizard in her hands. I dared and asked her if I can touch it? She said yes and I tried couple of times and "touched a LIZARD" aaaaa, I don’t know how I did it but I DID IT. I was very proud of myself. I never went near any insect/reptile my life. Woohooo something to mark in my diary.

It was still raining so we decided to take a mono rail to town hall so that they will get a glimpse of the city. We hopped on Monorail and reached Townhall. I showed Victoria building and town hall to Pavani and Nireep. We went on all levels of the building and took photographs of the clock and did some window shopping of the branded items.

We met Ravi garu at the George street train station and went on train to Strathfield to catch up with Laxmi garu and family. Srilu cooked Chocolate brownies for us and they are very yammy. I had 2 of them and had hot tea. Recovered from the strain we had from morning.

My best half came around 6:30 and we all went out for dinner at Taj. Met Mahi and other students at Taj. We had dinner and headed straight to hotel room to check in.

No comments: